Re: BUG #15722: 9000x performance regression on query startingPostgreSQL 10 due to bad query plan - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeremy Evans
Subject Re: BUG #15722: 9000x performance regression on query startingPostgreSQL 10 due to bad query plan
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:11 AM Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 6:53 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

The following files are available at
https://gist.github.com/jeremyevans/8a9693b1d3f14c94f635b1bf4275b2be

Could you also include the human readable explain plans (even just for 9.6. and 10)? JSON objects with 1900 lines might be good for machines, but not for people.  (Of course the human readable format might not be all that readable either, but it is worth a shot)

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff,

Sorry for the delay, it took a while to rerun the query on 10.  I've updated the gist to add plain text query plans for 9.6 and 10:

If you would like the query plans for 9.3-9.5 or 11, please let me know. Also, here are links to explain.depesz.com for both query plans:

I originally thought the JSON plans would be more useful, using a viewer such as http://tatiyants.com/pev, that is why I didn't include plain text plans when submitting the bug report.

Thanks,
Jeremy