Re: BDR OR MASTER SLAVE REPLICATION WITH REPMGR IS SUITABLE FOR LARGEONLINE APPLICATION - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rijo Roy
Subject Re: BDR OR MASTER SLAVE REPLICATION WITH REPMGR IS SUITABLE FOR LARGEONLINE APPLICATION
Date
List pgsql-admin
BDR is best when you have a need of multi-master environment like a distributed database paradigm where you have a need of writing/reading to/from local masters let's say masters in NY, London, China, India etc.. And it uses pglogical to achieve this with a globally managed transaction XID's. It needs to be properly tested how it handles conflicts in a heavy oltp workload application.
If you only need high availability for a heavy oltp application, a well set active passive model of streaking replication backed by repmgr where writes are only hitting primary and reads on standby will help. Otherwise you can also consider citusdata..

Note: I am not an advocate of any vendors, my comments are purely based on my experience and I love Postgresql the way it is!

Regards,
Rijo Roy