Using refcursor to return (multiple) rowsets - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Grucza
Subject Using refcursor to return (multiple) rowsets
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

What is the likelihood of this driver being updated to support retrieval of a rowset via a refcursor? I'm looking for a way to return multiple rowsets from a function, and this could provide a way to achieve that.

I've read that the Oracle OLE DB provider can do this. From  https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/win.112/e17726/using.htm#sthref137 :
"If the PL/SQL stored function returns a REF CURSOR or has an argument of REF CURSOR type, OraOLEDB binds these and returns a rowset for each REF CURSOR type."

I can see that psqlODBC already contains code in statement.c that looks like it does just this, but it requires the REFCUR_SUPPORT symbol to be defined. The code within the REFCUR_SUPPORT section does not compile though. Was this code working at any point, and would it work with multiple refcursors?

Adrian

iress.com
Adrian Grucza
Technical Lead
Tel: +61390185800
Mobile: +61432755054
adrian.grucza@iress.com
www.iress.com
Level 16, 385 Bourke Street,
 Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
The contents of this email originated from Iress. For this purpose Iress includes Iress Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries, holding companies and trading entities. ​If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this email.
nosig