Re: postgres 9.6: insert into select finishes only in pgadmin not psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Corey Taylor
Subject Re: postgres 9.6: insert into select finishes only in pgadmin not psql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 4:50 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
Smaller hammer:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-STORAGE-PARAMETERS

"autovacuum_enabled, toast.autovacuum_enabled (boolean)"

which can be done by ALTER TABLE also:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-altertable.html

Thanks for the feedback.  I think we'll be able to work around this issue in a way that is reliable enough to script.

I am curious if this is a "known" issue with restoring tables and analyze running at some point after while performing a select on the tables.  It would be kind of nice to know when to predict this kind of situation.

corey