Re: Single server multiple databases - extension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bartosz Dmytrak
Subject Re: Single server multiple databases - extension
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
there shouldn't be any problem in installing extensions to multiple databases in the same server. Extensions are per database: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-createextension.html

You can use pgAdmin, or try this syntax:
 CREATE EXTENSION hstore
  SCHEMA public
  VERSION "1.0";

if hstore is installed in public schema, sometimes You have to use public.hstore syntax (fully qualified name) - this depends on your search_path setting.

in your example it looks like hstore is installed, but question is: where is it?

You can find this info using SQL like this one:
SELECT * FROM
pg_extension e INNER JOIN pg_namespace n ON (e.extnamespace = n.oid)

this could be useful too:
SELECT * FROM  pg_available_extension_versions
WHERE name = 'hstore'

Regards,
Bartek