Re: Recommended Hardware requirements for PostgreSQL DB Server. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kaushal Shriyan
Subject Re: Recommended Hardware requirements for PostgreSQL DB Server.
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 12:35 AM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/24/19 12:06 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
Hi,

Are there any recommended hardware requirements to setup PostgreSQL DB server?  I checked https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Database_Hardware but unable to find it. I am going to install Postgresql 9.6 version in AWS (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/). I will appreciate if someone can suggest how many CPU cores, physical memory and disk space is required for the setup.

Thanks in Advance and i look forward to hearing from you.

That's impossible to answer unless you say something about:
  • the size of the database,
  • what use type (OLTP, OLAP, DSS, mixed usage, etc),
  • number of concurrent users,
  • etc

Hi Ron,

We have to setup Trend Micro DSM ( Deep Security Manager) and the database specifications are mentioned in https://help.deepsecurity.trendmicro.com/10/0/Get-Started/sizing.html

Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 8.03.40 AM.png

Currently we have agents which falls between 1-99 as per the above matrix. DSM will cater around 50 Agents. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Attachment