Re: block corruption message in error logs. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From vinod kale
Subject Re: block corruption message in error logs.
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thank you for the clarification.

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020, 16:35 Laurenz Albe, <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Tue, 2020-06-09 at 07:27 +0530, vinod kale wrote:
> I have dought regarding block corruption message in error logs.
> Below is the scenario :-
> If i made changes in table's disk level file so is it possible that it can display in postgres error logs.
> If possible then what are the parameters in postgresql.conf needs to capture it.

The default setting of "log_min_error_messages" will already log such errors.

Of you will only get an error if an SQL statement actually tries to access
the corrupted block.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe