Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 4:02 AM Wolfgang Walther <walther@technowledgy.de> wrote:
Andrew Dunstan:
>> On Mar 22, 2024, at 4:45 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> How was it passing?  The issue discussed in this thread has surely
>> been there for a long time, and Wolfgang mentioned that he sees
>> others.
>
> The buildfarm client has a switch that delays running regression tests until after the install stages.

Hm. So while that switch makes the animal pass the build, it did hide
exactly this problem. Not sure whether this switch should be used at
all, then. Was this switch only implemented for the specific case of
Alpine/musl or is there a different reason for it, as well?

Alpine was the main motivation, but it's also probably useful on Macs with SIP enabled.

ISTR raising the Alpine issue back then (2018) but I can't find a reference now.

cheers

andrew