Re: [pgsql-www] Failed to make v10 branch: gitmaster push hook needs adjustment - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Failed to make v10 branch: gitmaster push hook needs adjustment
Date
List pgsql-www

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2017-08-14 20:35:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Let's see what happens...  I'm around for the next few hours if things
> > go south.
>
> Looks like the basic reporting loop is working, but the dashboard
> web page is putting REL_10_STABLE at the bottom :-(.  We can live
> with that till Andrew returns from vacation, though.  Thanks!

Yep, we're discussing that just now on IRC. Looks like a collation
issue. That's probably why it works on perl side stuff, but not sql
ordered things. At least that's my theory :P.

On the buildfarm clone:

pgbfprod=> select 'REL_10_STABLE' > 'REL9_4_STABLE';
 ?column?
(1 row)

pgbfprod=> select 'REL_10_STABLE' > 'REL9_4_STABLE' COLLATE "C";
 ?column?
(1

(snatching a brief moment of connectivity)

I won't be be able to fix it until at least Sunday, possibly a good bit longer, but it should simply be a matter of adding a COLLATE clause to the branch ordering at line 75 of show_status.pl

cheers

andrew