Re: Very puzzling sort behavior - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Tanzer
Subject Re: Very puzzling sort behavior
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 02:54:31PM -0700, Ken Tanzer wrote:
> Thanks, but I guess I should have been clearer.  Thanks to y'all wonderful
> mailing list folks, I get it now as to why the two sorts are not the same.
> I'm hoping for practical suggestions or advice about how to get C locale
> sorting without having to rewrite all my existing queries.

Why not change the collation for the column?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/sql-altertable.html

Hmm... that sounds promising.  And less drastic than rewriting the whole database.  I'll have to ponder that one, and thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers,
Ken