Re: pg_dump : problem with grant on table columns - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: pg_dump : problem with grant on table columns
Date
List pgsql-sql
>I sometimes define some access rights on table columns instead of whole table. Everything works fine except when I
performa dump.<br /> ><br /> > When I dump a databse that contains such access rights, the pg_dump utility
generatescommands like this one : <br /> > GRANT SELECT("Login") ON TABLE "Clients" TO "AgendaSubscript";<br />
commandsare rejected and thus, my restored database has not the proper access rights.<br /><p>Please specify the
versionof Pg you are dumping from and the version you are restoring to. <p>At a guess you are restoring to a version
frombefore column grants were added.<p>Please also give the full, exact text of any error message you get. See the
guideto reporting problems on the wiki.<p>><br /> > Is this a bug with the pg_dump tool or am I doing something