Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 4:33 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 8, 2022 10:23 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 1:37 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
> > <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > >

> > 2. Is there a reason the patch doesn't allow workers to restart via
> > maybe_reread_subscription() when this new option is changed, if so, then let's
> > add a comment for the same? We currently seem to be restarting the worker on
> > any change via Alter Subscription. If we decide to change it for this option as
> > well then I think we need to accordingly update the current comment: "Exit if
> > any parameter that affects the remote connection was changed." to something
> > like "Exit if any parameter that affects the remote connection or a subscription
> > option was changed..."
> I thought it's ok without the change at the beginning, but I was wrong.
> To make this new option aligned with others, I should add one check
> for this feature. Fixed.

Why do we need to restart the apply worker when disable_on_error is
changed? It doesn't affect the remote connection at all. I think it
can be changed without restarting like synchronous_commit option.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/