Re: pgsql: Restrict the use of temporary namespace in two-phase transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: pgsql: Restrict the use of temporary namespace in two-phase transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 5:05 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 8:08 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > > Anyway, it seems to me that this is pointing out to another issue:
> > > current_schema() can trigger a namespace creation, hence shouldn't we
> > > mark it as PARALLEL UNSAFE and make sure that we never run into this
> > > problem?
> >
> > That seems a bit annoying, but maybe we have little choice?
>
> The only other option I see is to make current_schema() not trigger a
> namespace creation.

Or can we make the test script set force_parallel_mode = off? Since
the failure case is a very rare in real world I think that it might be
better to change the test scripts rather than changing properly of
current_schema().

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada