Re: BUG #17156: pg_restore: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position -- ftell used - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: BUG #17156: pg_restore: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position -- ftell used
Date
In response to BUG #17156: pg_restore: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position -- ftell used  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Responses Re: BUG #17156: pg_restore: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position -- ftell used  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 7:31 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Bug reference:      17156
> Logged by:          Ashutosh Kumar
> Email address:      ashutosh.kumar@morningstar.com
> PostgreSQL version: 10.18
> Operating system:   RHEL
>
> Getting below warning when I am restoring the backup file :
>
> Warning Message : pg_restore: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with
> expected position -- ftell used
>
> Backup was taken with below command :
>
> pg_dump -h'127.0.0.1'  -p 5432 -U (username)  -Fc  databasename >
> backupfile.sql
>
> I am restoring it with pg_restore when i got the above warning.

Could you share the exact pg_restore command with the arguments you executed?

What's is the size of the backup? Are both Postgres servers that you
took/restored the backup from/to are RHEL?

Could you try to execute pg_dump without a pipe and restore it and see
the same error happens? That is, please execute "pg_dump -h'127.0.0.1'
 -p 5432 -U (username)  -Fc  databasename -f backupfile.sql".

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/