Re: Replication slot stats misgivings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Replication slot stats misgivings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 5:41 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> It seems that the test case added by f5fc2f5b2 is still a bit
> unstable, even after c64dcc7fe:

Hmm, I don't see the exact cause yet but there are two possibilities:
some transactions were really spilled, and it showed the old stats due
to losing the drop (and create) slot messages. For the former case, it
seems to better to create the slot just before the insertion and
setting logical_decoding_work_mem to the default (64MB). For the
latter case, maybe we can use a different name slot than the name used
in other tests?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada