Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sawada Masahiko
Subject Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I got following FAILED when I patched v3 to HEAD.

$ patch -d. -p1 < ../patch/vacuumdb_parallel_v3.patch
patching file doc/src/sgml/ref/vacuumdb.sgml
patching file src/bin/scripts/Makefile
Hunk #2 succeeded at 65 with fuzz 2 (offset -1 lines).
patching file src/bin/scripts/vac_parallel.c
patching file src/bin/scripts/vac_parallel.h
patching file src/bin/scripts/vacuumdb.c
Hunk #3 succeeded at 61 with fuzz 2.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 214 with fuzz 2 (offset 5 lines).
Hunk #8 FAILED at 223.
Hunk #9 succeeded at 374 with fuzz 1 (offset 35 lines).
Hunk #10 FAILED at 360.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 387.
3 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/bin/scripts/vacuumdb.c.rej

---
Sawada Masahiko

On Friday, March 21, 2014, Dilip kumar <dilip.kumar@huawei.com> wrote:
On 16 January 2014 19:53, Euler Taveira Wrote,

> >> For the case where you have tables of varying size this would lead
> to a reduced overall processing time as it prevents large (read: long
> processing time) tables to be processed in the last step. While
> processing large tables at first and filling up "processing slots/jobs"
> when they get free with smaller tables one after the other would safe
> overall execution time.
> > Good point, I have made the change and attached the modified patch.
> >
> Don't you submit it for a CF, do you? Is it too late for this CF?

 Attached the latest updated patch
 1. Rebased the patch to current GIT head.
 2. Doc is updated.
 3. Supported parallel execution for all db option also.

Same I will add to current open commitfest..

Regards,
Dilip

--
Regards,