Re: Improve description of XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Improve description of XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 5:15 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 10:55:53AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > Putting an arbitrary upper-bound on the number of subxids to print
> > might work? I'm not sure how we can determine the upper-bound, though.
>
> You could hardcode it so as it does not blow up the whole view, say
> 20~30.  Anyway, I agree with the concern raised upthread about the
> amount of extra data this would add to the output, so having at least
> the number of subxids would be better than the existing state of
> things telling only if the list of overflowed.  So let's stick to
> that.

Why are only subtransaction information in XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS limited?
I think we have other information shown without bounds such as lock
information in XLOG_STANDBY_LOCK and invalidation messages in
XLOG_INVALIDATIONS.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada