Re: [HACKERS] Interval for launching the table sync worker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Interval for launching the table sync worker
Date
List pgsql-hackers
in<20170406.170214.263553093.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>

<CAD21AoCrcwi3SwKKOW_efwW0finxyycLgsbw09n5uy2sxneO_A@mail.gmail.com>

<CAD21AoDCnyRJDUY=ESVVe68AukvOP2dFomTeBFpAd1TiFbjsGg@mail.gmail.com>

> Hmm. I was playing with something wrong. Now I see the invervals
> 5 seconds. No problem.

Yeah, this issue happens only in the table sync worker.

>> > I think it's better to make a new GUC parameter for the table sync
>> > worker. Having multiple behaviors in wal_retrieve_retry_interval is
>> > not good idea. Thought?
>
> So, this is working, sorry.
>
>> I prefer subscription option than GUC. Something like following.
>>
>> CREATE SUBSCRIPTION s1 CONNECTION 'blah'
>>        PUBLICATION p1 WITH (noreconnect = true);
>>
>> Stored in pg_subscription?

>> > Yeah, that's also considerable issue.
>>
>> But not to do now.

I've added this as an open item, and sent a patch for this.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center