Existence check for suitable index in advance when concurrently refreshing. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Existence check for suitable index in advance when concurrently refreshing.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

In concurrently refreshing materialized view, we check whether that
materialized view has suitable index(unique and not having WHERE
condition), after filling data to new snapshot
(refresh_matview_datafill()).
This logic leads to taking a lot of time until postgres returns ERROR
log if that table doesn't has suitable index and table is large. it
wastes time.
I think we should check whether that materialized view can use
concurrently refreshing or not in advance.
The patch is attached.

Please give me feedbacks.

--
Regards,