Re: Replication slot stats misgivings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Replication slot stats misgivings
Date
Re: Replication slot stats misgivings  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 12:29 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 11:02 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 9:48 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > Attached patch has the changes to update statistics during
> > spill/stream which prevents the statistics from being lost during
> > interrupt.
> >

>  void
> -UpdateDecodingStats(LogicalDecodingContext *ctx)
> +UpdateDecodingStats(ReorderBuffer *rb)
>
> I don't think you need to change this interface because
> reorderbuffer->private_data points to LogicalDecodingContext. See
> StartupDecodingContext.

+1

With this approach, we could still miss the totalTxns and totalBytes
updates if the decoding a large but less than
logical_decoding_work_mem is interrupted, right?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/