Re: pg_basebackup wish list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: pg_basebackup wish list
Date
Re: pg_basebackup wish list  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 7:06 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 7/12/16 9:55 PM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> And what I think is pg_baseback never remove the directory specified
>> by -D option even if execution is failed. initdb command behaves so.
>> I think it's helpful for backup operation.
>
> This has been bothering me as well.
>
> How about the attached patch as a start?

Thank you for the patch!

I agree with adding this as an option and removing directory by default.
And it looks good to me except for missing new line in usage output.
       printf(_("  -l, --label=LABEL      set backup label\n"));
+       printf(_("  -n, --noclean          do not clean up after errors"));       printf(_("  -P, --progress
showprogress information\n"));

Registered this patch to CF1.

Regards,

--