Re: Re: How long does iteration over 4-5 million rows usually take? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benedict Holland
Subject Re: Re: How long does iteration over 4-5 million rows usually take?
Date
List pgsql-general
For work planning, create a temporary table, copy from a generated data set, and test it out. It really depends. Normally, you don't iterate in SQL since rows are assumed to be independent. You think about SQL in terms of sets and let application code handle the data transfers. It also really depends on the size of your tables, indexing, joins, and more. Basically, there isn't really an answer but it isnt hard to test.

Thanks,
Ben