Re: Pgsql error in coalesce - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Chamath Sajeewa
Subject Re: Pgsql error in coalesce
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi all,
Yes i am checking the wrong table. Really sorry about the inconvenience caused.
Thank you all for enlightening me on this.

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020, 23:12 Alvaro Herrera, <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2020-Jul-27, Chamath Sajeewa wrote:

> Hi,
> There is table with int4 column. When select query is executed as "select
> coalesce(column_name, 255), query is failing with below error.
> "COALESCE types text and integer cannot be mached".

I'd bet you're not querying the table you think you're querying ...
What does "\d table" show?  Also, please show the complete query, and
SHOW search_path .

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/