Re: pgAdmin and Postgres_fdw needing superuser access - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Per Wigren
Subject Re: pgAdmin and Postgres_fdw needing superuser access
Date
List pgadmin-support
Great, but please tell us what the problem was and how you solved it, so when other people with the same problem find your mail in the archives in the future they will know what to do.

Regards, Per

tors 3 dec. 2015 kl 16:36 skrev Adam Pearson <Adam.Pearson@4finance.com>:

Resolved myself, don’t panic Mr Mannering.

From: Adam Pearson
Sent: 03 December 2015 11:16 AM
To: 'pgAdmin Support'
Subject: pgAdmin and Postgres_fdw needing superuser access

Hello All,

                Has anyone encountered a quirk with PGAdmin and Postgres_fdw requiring superuser access?

For example.

Run the below under my useraccount, sudo and it returns a record set.

select id from foreign_address limit 10;

Run the same code in PGAdmin, my normal user account and it reports

ERROR:  password is required

DETAIL:  Non-superuser cannot connect if the server does not request a password.

HINT:  Target server's authentication method must be changed.

ERROR: password is required

SQL state: 2F003

Detail: Non-superuser cannot connect if the server does not request a password.

Hint: Target server's authentication method must be changed.

However, if I just run a normal select on a non-foreign table it works.

Also, if I change my account to be a superuser it works.  Confuses me slightly, since when setting up Postgres_fdw you specify the connection details in the user mapping.

Is this a problem with pgAdmin, or Postgres_fdw?  Seems to indicate an issue with pgAdmin?

Thanks & Regards,

Adam Pearson