Re: Wanting to learn about pgsql design decision - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Wanting to learn about pgsql design decision
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:52 AM, Tal Walter <talw@sqreamtech.com> wrote:

> I'd appreciate if you could help me understand how I can research the
> answers to these type of questions by myself.

> Could I perhaps search the commit
> comments somehow? Or perhaps a different approach to suggest?

In addition to Tom's suggestions about how to review commit
comments -- if you look in the source code directories for README
files, you will find they often contain discussions of such
matters.  If you are up for it, the C code for implementing
features also often discusses alternatives and why they were not
chosen.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com