Re: plperlu stored procedure seems to freeze for a minute - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: plperlu stored procedure seems to freeze for a minute
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> wrote:

> What could cause a plperlu procedure to freeze for 68
> seconds between the call to confess and its output?

> Another weird thing: $success is undef because a ØMQ rpc call[1] timed
> out (after 60 seconds, which is also a mystery, because ØMQ doesn't seem
> to have a default timeout of 60 seconds, and I don't set one).

One thing I would check is the TCP keepalive settings.

If you don't sort it out, please read this and post with more
information; it's tough to guess at a cause without knowing the
version of PostgreSQL or the OS involved, etc.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com