Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold < - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I like the idea of centralizing checks in
> RelationAllowsEarlyVacuum, but shouldn't it really be called
> RelationAllowsEarlyPruning?

Since vacuum calls the pruning function, and not the other way
around, the name you suggest would be technically more correct.
Committed using "Pruning" instead of "Vacuum" in both new macros.

I have closed the CREATE INDEX versus "snapshot too old" issue in
the "PostgreSQL 9.6 Open Items" Wiki page.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com