Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold < - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Avoid extra locks in GetSnapshotData if old_snapshot_threshold <
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Ants Aasma <ants.aasma@eesti.ee> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Could you provide enough to make that a self-contained
>> reproducible test case [?]

> [provided]

Thanks!  I have your test case running, and it is not immediately
clear why old rows are not being vacuumed away.  Will investigate.

> I'm too tired right now to chase this down myself. The mental
> toll that two small kids can take is pretty staggering.

Been there, done that; so I know just what you mean.  :-)  It is
rewarding though, eh?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com