Re: unrecognized configuration parameter "autocommit" - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: unrecognized configuration parameter "autocommit"
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 6:24 PM, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am testing an upgrade to a database from version 9.3 (this version is
> working fine) to 9.5 and I am getting the following error:
>
> *** unrecognized configuration parameter "autocommit" ***
>
> I have read that I should set autocommit to off but I do not know how to do
> it. I already reviewed all of the settings in the configuration file
> (postgresql.conf) and I do not see such parameter.
>
> I, in fact, found the following information in PostgreSQL documentation:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/ecpg-sql-set-autocommit.html

That is in the documentation of the ECPG connector.  The *server*
and its configuration files have no concept of autocommit, although
connectors and applications sometimes do.

Don't put an autocommit line in the server configuration file(s).

Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company