Re: Use pgBufferUsage for block reporting in analyze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karina Litskevich
Subject Re: Use pgBufferUsage for block reporting in analyze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Anthonin,

I suggest assigning values
bufferusage.shared_blks_read + bufferusage.local_blks_read
and
bufferusage.shared_blks_dirtied + bufferusage.local_blks_dirtied
to new variables and using them. This would keep the changed lines within
the 80 symbols limit, and make the code more readable overall.

I also believe that changing "misses" to "reads" should belong to 0001
patch since we only change it because we replace AnalyzePageMiss with
bufferusage.shared_blks_read + bufferusage.local_blks_read in 0001.

Best regards,
Karina Litskevich
Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com/