SSL connection issue via perl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Woodring
Subject SSL connection issue via perl
Date
Re: SSL connection issue via perl  (George Woodring <george.woodring@iglass.net>)
List pgsql-general
OS: CentOS 6.6
Postgres Version: 9.3.10

I have a script that is worked for years that does the following

- Connect to postgres and get a list of URLs to poll for status
- close connection
- Start threads to poll the URLs
- cleanup threads and collect the results.
- Connect to postgres and write the url status.
- close connection

We updated perl SSL libraries to the latest version, one of which was
Net::SSLeay 1.35 -> 1.72

Now the script dies without any feedback when attempting the 2nd connection.  The only hint at the problem is

/var/log/messages
Dec 31 14:04:03 iprobe002 kernel: iPoller2.pl[16044] general protection ip:7f677fde112c sp:7fff5db9e328 error:0 in SSLeay.so[7f677fd6a000+94000]

/var/log/postgresql
Dec 31 14:04:03 iprobe002 postgres[16255]: [4-1] LOG:  could not accept SSL connection: EOF detected

I have worked around the immediate issue by keeping the 1st connection open for the entire script instead of making 2 connections, but I would like to try to find out what is going wrong.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
George

iGLASS Networks