Fwd: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Cristian Cruz
Subject Fwd: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general
And this one only to Adrian.

Sorry to all.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Cristian Cruz <danielcristian@gmail.com>
Date: 2013/4/20
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>

2013/4/20 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>
On 04/20/2013 04:30 PM, Daniel Cristian Cruz wrote:

2013/4/20 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com
<mailto:adrian.klaver@gmail.com>>

    On 04/20/2013 04:08 PM, Daniel Cristian Cruz wrote:

        I think I didn't make it clear: the session memory usage is
        growing up
        too fast, until all server memory got used and swap occurs.

        Never saw something like that. The version is under a test
        enviroment
        for a long time...

        Thanks if someone could help me.

    Before any one can help I would think more information is needed;

    1) Is it on the same machine/OS as the old version?

Yes same machine, CentOS 5.5, just upgraded PostgreSQL only

How did you upgrade?
        pg_upgrade
        dump/restore

pg_upgrade

    4) You seem to imply that in test mode everything worked alright, is
    that the case?

Yes, got two servers, never got the same issue

So what difference is there between the test and production servers?

A real server, two VMs with very less memory and CPUs

    5) In either case, test/production, what is being done in the
    session(s)?

Some complex queries. Some very complex queries...

Any chance to see an EXPLAIN ANALYZE for query on test machine vs production?

Right now I'm building a tool to import the loose records from the new version to the old, since I'm doing a rollback over the upgrade. As soon I finish it, I could debug what is happening in the cluster.

        --
        Daniel Cristian Cruz
        クルズ クリスチアン ダニエル

    --