Re: Insufficient privileges. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Coventry
Subject Re: Insufficient privileges.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi John,

Thanks.

On 7 July 2011 21:48, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> I recommend dropping your drupal database (since I doubt its worked right if
> the objects are owned by postgres), and recreate it owned by the drupaluser,
> then let the drupaluser populate it during the initial install.

:~)

Well that's a little drastic at this stage!

In actual fact the database drupaldb is owned by the drupaluser, so
it's not really necessary.

> or, if I'm misreading your problem, and drupal itself is running but this is
> an extra non-drupal table you manually created, then ALTER TABLE .... OWNER
> drupaluser;

Yes, that's what I was trying to do. Using the Drupal Nodes seems
awfully cumbersome for what I'm trying to achieve so I added a sort of
scratch table that I was hoping to manipulate. I have gone back to
using the prescribed Drupal method as time was starting to run out and
I needed a working prototype.

I do intend to return to using the scratch table after the rush is
over and I'll give your suggestion a try: it looks as though it may
very well do the trick.

> drupal doesn't really interface very well to non-drupal data...   the drupal
> approach is to define a new content type with the fields you need, then
> populate it via create content, choosing that new type, or use the various
> drupal APIs from your custom PHP modules.

Yes, I'm finding that out.

Thanks very much for your input.

Regards,

Dave Coventry