Re: BUG #13891: Deparsed arbiter WHERE clauses cannot be parsed by Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Önder Kalacı
Subject Re: BUG #13891: Deparsed arbiter WHERE clauses cannot be parsed by Postgres
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm curious: How did you find this bug? Did you just stumble upon it?

We use postgres' ruleutils.c to build SQL strings. I realized this while I was playing with UPSERTs on 9.5.

Does the rewritten query actually error? In other words, is your
complaint strictly that deparsing is broken?

Yes, the rewritten query actually errors and our complaint is that a deparsed query cannot be parsed by postgres again.

Thanks