Re: Dropped and generated columns might cause wrong data on subs when REPLICA IDENTITY FULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Önder Kalacı
Subject Re: Dropped and generated columns might cause wrong data on subs when REPLICA IDENTITY FULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Shi Yu, all

Thanks for updating the patches. It seems you forgot to attach the patches of
dropped columns for HEAD and pg15, I think they are the same as v2.

Yes, it seems I forgot. And, yes they were the same as v2.

On HEAD, we can re-use clusters in other test cases, which can save some time.
(see fccaf259f22f4a)

 Thanks for noting.

In the patches for pg12 and pg11, I am not sure why not add the test at end of
the file 100_bugs.pl. I think it would be better to be consistent with other
versions.

I applied the same patch that I created for HEAD, and then the "patch" command
created this version. Given that we are creating new patches per version, I think
you are right, we should put them at the end.

The attached patches modify these two points. Besides, I made some minor
changes, ran pgindent and pgperltidy.

oh, I didn't know about pgperltidy. And, thanks a lot for making changes and
making it ready for the committer.

These are patches for dropped columns,
because I think this would be submitted first, and we can discuss the fix for
generated columns later.

Makes sense, even now we have 5 different patches, lets work on generated columns
when this is fixed.

I applied all patches for all the versions, and re-run the subscription tests,
all looks good to me.

Thanks,
Onder KALACI