Re: Pulling data from Postgres DB table for every 5 seconds. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From github kran
Subject Re: Pulling data from Postgres DB table for every 5 seconds.
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 12:36 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 10:10 AM github kran <githubkran@gmail.com> wrote:
Mark - We are currently on 9.6 version of postgres and cant use this feature of logical replication.Answering to your question we are looking for any changes in the data related to a specific table ( changes like any update on a timestamp field
OR any new inserts happened in the last 5 seconds for a specific product entity).
Any other alternatives ?.

The feature was added in 9.4 (I think). We are on 9.6 and it works great. Not sure about RDS Aurora, however.

Mark

Mark - just curious to know on the logical replication. Do you think I can use it for my use case where i need to publish data to a subscriber when there is a change in the data updated for a row or any new inserts happening on the table. Intention
is to send this data in Json format by collecting this modified data in real time to a subscriber.

Tahanks
Kran