AutoVacuum and growing transaction XID's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From github kran
Subject AutoVacuum and growing transaction XID's
Date
Re: AutoVacuum and growing transaction XID's  (Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello Team,

We are using a PostgreSQL version -9.6.12 version and from last 4 weeks our Transaction ID's (XID's) have increased by 195 million to 341 million transactions.  I see the below from pg_stat_activity from the postGreSQL DB.

1) Viewing the pg_stat-activity  I noticed  that the vacuum query is running for a runtime interval of few hours to 3-5 days whenever I check the pg_stat-activity. Is this a common process postgreSQL runs ? I have noticed this running and show in the pg_stat activity from last few weeks only. Also the query shows the table name with
(to prevent wrap around) for each of the tables in the vacuum query as output. What does this mean ?

2) Does it mean I need to run a manual auto vacuum process for these tables ? as the transaction ids have increased from 195 million to 341 million ?.

What other things I need to check in the database around this ?.

Thanks !!