Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From 王pg
Subject Re: POSTGRES/MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Different code behave different,  what you need to do is to study your business model, and find a best fit.

I'm going to talk about the nontechnique thing, and hope it can help.

Mysql is spliting, when saying Mysql, we always need to think about Mysql of Oracle or Mariadb. both database have their own road map, you cannot benifit from both.
if you finaly choice "Mysql", actually, you will still face to another choice, Mysql or Mariadb. Assume you select Mysql, you will always face to new choices, for example, some tools(or practice) is for Mariadb, whether it can work with Mysql; some good features is included by Mariadb, what about or when for mysql; some business model that Maradb code can fit well, but Mysql code cannot, and so on.

Thanks
Denny Wang