Re: Schema version management - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: Schema version management
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 2012, at 3:21 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> No they are not necessarily one logical unit. You could have a bunch of
>> functions called, say, "equal" which have pretty much nothing to do with
>> each other, since they refer to different types.
>>
>> +1 from me for putting one function definition per file.
>
> +1 for an option (I prefer one file for my projects, but might need multiple files for other projects).

-1

I'd rather have the few overloaded-functions in one file (hopefully
with deterministic ordering) and a sane, simple filename, than have
every function in every database in a separate file with some strange
mess in the filename that makes me cringe every time I see it.

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,