updateinfo.xml and yum --security check-update - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Josh Soref
Subject updateinfo.xml and yum --security check-update
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Has anyone considered adding support for generating/hosting
updateinfo.xml to the yum repository [1]? See `man yum-security` (you
may need to `yum install yum-security-plugin` if you're on RHEL5/6).

Afaict, RHEL uses Spacewalk [2] (which appears to be bound to a
database) / Fedora use bodhi [3] (which also is bound to a database).
There are a couple of tools identified in pulp_rpm [4].

Once can examine an EPEL repo [5] to see the general format. I haven't
found any particularly good documentation for the file.

The use cases are pretty simple:
- Being able to see what security updates are available for a system
(or many systems):
yum --security check-update
- Choosing to install just those:
yum --security update

Oracle provides reasonable example usage [6].

If anyone has a good solution for generating this file, I'm hoping it
can be shared w/ other groups (e.g. powerdns [7]).

Thanks

[1] https://yum.postgresql.org
[2]
https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/blob/a592865171a4df0b839d5f4b5cbdff1c6a973cf8/java/code/src/com/redhat/rhn/taskomatic/task/repomd/UpdateInfoWriter.java#L38