Re: run function on server restart - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John D. West
Subject Re: run function on server restart
Date
List pgsql-general
It's become clear I need to go back and rethink my logic for this functionality. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

     -- John

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM, John D. West <john.d.west@asu.edu> wrote:
> I *think* my independent processes are cleaning up in that they supposedly
> abort themselves if they lose db connection, but on restart there is a table
> of pid's I'd like to (1) make sure all of the processes are really dead,
> killing any who aren't (2) reset flags in a table showing the status of
> those process, and (3) clear out the pid list so I can restart the
> processes.

Hmm. I wonder is there a way to not use a table for this. What's the
status flagging intended to do? Can it be accomplished with, perhaps,
locks?

ChrisA