Help Needed with Including External SQL Script in Extension Script - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ayush Vatsa
Subject Help Needed with Including External SQL Script in Extension Script
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi PostgreSQL community,

I wanted to modify the SQL script of an extension by creating multiple objects within it.
My aim is to make minimal changes to the existing script. To achieve this, I have created an
external script and am attempting to run it within the extension script using the \i command.

However, when I try to create the extension, I encounter the following error:
ERROR: syntax error at or near "\"

Could anyone advise on how I might resolve this issue? Alternatively, is there another way to create SQL objects outside of the main extension script, such that these objects are created when the extension script is executed?

Regards
Ayush Vatsa