Re: Problem in "Set search path" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Subject Re: Problem in "Set search path"
Date
List pgsql-general

Did you try to set the search_path in the connection string? This way you won't need to set the search_path manually. Npgsql will take care of it to you.

I hope it helps.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Kalai R <softlinne.kv@gmail.com> wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kalai R <softlinne.kv@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Problem in "Set search path"
To: Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>

Hi,

Is that the same connection object in ,NET or the same connection to a connection pool or the same database connection? That's not necessarily the same.
I use the same npgsql connection object in .net

Might try temporarily turning up the logging in postgresql.conf to 'all' and see what is actually being done on the server.

Did you know you can set a search_path on user (role) objects and on database objects in the database? That might just take out your need to specify it in your ,NET application.

I try to find out my problem by your ideas. Thanks guys.

Regards
Kalai

--
Regards,