Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade failed with error - ERROR: column "a" inchild table must be marked NOT NULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ali Akbar
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade failed with error - ERROR: column "a" inchild table must be marked NOT NULL
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade failed with error - ERROR: column "a" inchild table must be marked NOT NULL  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017/12/13 15:59, Ali Akbar wrote:

> Thanks for the link to those thread.
>
> Judging from the discussion there, it will be a long way to prevent DROP
> NOT NULL.

Yeah, I remembered that discussion when writing my email, but was for some
reason convinced that everything's fine even without the elaborate
book-keeping of inheritance information for NOT NULL constraints.  Thanks
Michael for reminding.

Patch for adding check in pg_upgrade. Going through git history, the check for inconsistency in NOT NULL constraint has ben there since a long time ago. In this patch the check will be applied for all old cluster version. I'm not sure in which version was the release of table inheritance.

Thanks,
Ali Akbar
Attachment