Re: reducing the footprint of ScanKeyword (was Re: Large writable variables) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: reducing the footprint of ScanKeyword (was Re: Large writable variables)
Date
Re: reducing the footprint of ScanKeyword (was Re: Large writable variables)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 12:06 PM Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 1/7/19 7:52 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Builtin functions for one, which we'd swatted down last time round due
> > to gperfs defficiencies.

Do you mean the fmgr table?

> >> But in any case, that sounds like a task for someone with
> >> more sense of Perl style than I have.
> > John, any chance you could help out with that... :)
>
> If he doesn't I will.

I'll take a crack at separating into a module.  I'll wait a bit in
case there are any stylistic suggestions on the patch as it stands.