Re: Deprecating postfix and factorial operators in PostgreSQL 13 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: Deprecating postfix and factorial operators in PostgreSQL 13
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Mark,

-{ oid => '111',
+{ oid => '111', descr => 'factorial',

I see that opr_sanity fails without something here. We explicitly
don't have descriptions of functions that implement deprecated
operators (see setup_description() in initdb.c), but in all other
cases, there are also supported operators present. Technically, it's
not the same entry as the sql-callable function (1376), so it might be
better to try to match the other operator functions and say
"implementation of deprecated ! and !! operators".

For typeconv.sgml, it looks like in v14 we'll just have a different
operator entirely for the example, so ideally we would backpatch that
change for v13. What you have is good enough in a pinch, though.

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/