Re: Use compiler intrinsics for bit ops in hash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: Use compiler intrinsics for bit ops in hash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 1:56 PM David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> [v6 set]

Hi David,

In 0002, the pg_bitutils functions have a test (input > 0), and the
new callers ceil_log2_* and next_power_of_2_* have asserts. That seems
backward to me. I imagine some callers of bitutils will already know
the value > 0, and it's probably good to keep that branch out of the
lowest level functions. What do you think?

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/