Re: explain plans with information about (modified) gucs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: explain plans with information about (modified) gucs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 2:31 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Attached is v6 of the patch, adopting "settings" instead of "guc".

Ok, looks good. I tried changing config values with the .conf file,
alter system, and alter database, and tried a few queries with
auto_explain. I made a pass through the config parameters, and don't
see anything obviously left out. I have no comments on the source
code.

One thing stands out: For the docs on auto_explain, all other options
have "Only superusers can change this setting.", but log_settings
doesn't.

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/