Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Added an Assert in new_cluster_needs_fsm() that old cluster version
> should be >= 804 as that is where fsm support has been added.

There is already an explicit check for 804 in the caller, and the HEAD
code is already resilient to FSMs not existing, so I think this is
superfluous.

> 2. Reverted the old cluster version check to <= 1100.  There was
> nothing wrong in the way you have written a check, but I find most of
> the other places in the code uses that way.
> 3. At one place changed the function header to be consistent with the
> nearby code, run pgindent on the code and changed the commit message.

Looks good to me, thanks.

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/