Re: Delay locking partitions during INSERT and UPDATE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: Delay locking partitions during INSERT and UPDATE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 7:56 PM David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 13:38, John Naylor <john.naylor@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Hmm, now instead of an 85x speedup over master in the 10k partition
> > case, I only get 20x. Anyone else see this?
>
> What's it like with fsync off?

No change. Just in case, I tried git bisect and also recreated the
cluster, but never got the same performance as my first test, so not
sure what happened.
--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/